Business Development Officer
We are a new educational institute in Accra seeking to employ a performance driven person to position our educational institute by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business deals, and also work to improve our institute to achieve financial growth.The role reports to the Registrar of the school.
Role Specific Requirements
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by prospecting for potential candidates for the institute; discovering and exploring opportunities
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, and services that will lead to an increase in student enrollments
- Organize, coordinate and supervise the commercial and business activities of the institute
- In the absence of the Director, take delegated responsibility for other decisions.
- Identify innovative ideas by researching into the education sector of Ghana to position our institution for growth.
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities
- Develops negotiation strategies and positions by studying the integration of new venture with the institutes strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners’ needs and goals
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations
- Ensures that all Business Development Executives meet or exceed all activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes
- Monitor and report on all business development activities whether closed or ongoing to management
- Maximize income through hiring and use of facility by the public such as conference, wedding etc.
- Undertake other tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be required
Required Skills or Experience
- At least first degree in Business Administration (Marketing/Entrepreneurship) or more
- Must have had at least five (5) years relevant experience in a similar organization.
- Self-motivated and target oriented person
- Must have strong links with industry
- Must have a very strong communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Must have strong and proven leadership skills in people management
- Must be able to speak and write english as the official working language
- Creative and good presentation skills
- Must have strong skills in business management
- Must have a proven track record of managing successful business/project
- Must be able to market the institute with fund-raising capabilities
- Have the ability to engage constructively with people
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage a number of competing demands and work to deadlines
- Flexible and adapt to changing circumstances
- Be willing and able to exercise judgment and take risks
- Proactive “can do” approach and ability to demonstrate initiative
- Trustworthy and honest
- MS Office and English proficiency
- Financial Planning and Strategy
How to Apply
Please send your applications and CV’s to email@example.com